12 years growing tomorrow´s inspiring people

Triple Degree

At Dragon American School when we talk about degrees, we should always keep in mind:

bandera_usa_azul

Dragon American School is an American school.

bandera_uk_azul

Dragon American School is a Cambridge school authorized to teach and examine IGCSE’s and A-Levels.

bandera_espana_azul

Dragon American School is a foreign center authorized by the CAM (Community of Madrid).

When our students start Middle School (Spanish E.S.O.) they can choose to prepare one of them or both:

CORE PLAN

The U.S. Degree: When finished MS, students get an American degree, equivalent with the Spanish E.S.O. The school will be responsible for processing the approval of the American degree presenting the academic certification to the Educational Inspection: “Dirección Area Territorial Madrid Oeste”.

The approval procedure is presented to the Spanish Ministry of Education,, which issues the Spanish E.S.O. degree.

Our students obtain a valid degree in the USA and Spain.

EXTENDED PLAN

The British International Certification: (not to be confused with the IB, which is something different) Students choose their curriculum, in order to take at least 5 IGCSE exams throughout the 4 years of the E.S.O. These subjects are freely chosen. The exams should be taken at a Cambridge Official Center, such as Dragon American School.

Once they pass the five 5 IGCSE exams, they get the British International Middle School Degree, which gives them access to the British International High School (Spanish Bachillerato).

What happens in High School?

1. Students who have only attended the American high school program and have not been examined from IGCSE's, go to North American/Spanish high school.

After the last two years, the students of our American system prepare 4 Specific Proficiency Tests (PCE). The American baccalaureate record is 60% of the qualification, the other 40% are the PCE or the tests that each country requires (SAT & ACT in the USA).

2. Students who have completed and passed their IGCSE exams may prepare 3 A-Level exams, which are always correlated to 3 of the previous IGCSEs.

With the IGCSEs and A-Levels passed, students have Access, by average, to Spanish, to most British and American universities. Also, some universities around the world.

The international British qualification is very prestigious throughout the world.

Therefore, whoever takes Middle School and High School at Dragon American School can finish at 17/18 years with 3 different degrees:

• The American certification
• Spanish degree (homologated directly of the American)
• The International British degree.

If the student wants, he or she can choose:

• The Spanish Specific Proficiency Tests (4 PCEs)
• The American Tests (SATs or ACTs).
• the British International Certification, they have direct access (by grade or marks) to most universities around the world.

What they say about us

Ágata, madre de dos

(…) Para mí el colegio el Dragón es lo mejor que hay por lo menos en Madrid. En el Dragón no hay casi bullying, y si lo hay lo paran de raíz con un protocolo que ha de seguir llamado protocolo firewall, así, no hay casos de bullying (aunque si seguís al colegio desde hace ya tiempo quizás lo conozcáis). Los compas son todos o la mayoría muy buena tente, ellos siempre tratan bien a la gente y te acoplarás muy bien. (…)

Shayra, madre de dos

(…) La experiencia de nuestra familia en el Dragón ha sido muy gratificante. Nuestro hijo de 7 años va al colegio contento cada mañana. Sin duda hemos tomado la decisión más acertada para su eduación.(…)

Shayra, madre de dos

(…) La experiencia de nuestra familia en el Dragón ha sido muy gratificante. Nuestro hijo de 7 años va al colegio contento cada mañana. Sin duda hemos tomado la decisión más acertada para su eduación.(…)

Open enrollment!

Open Close