12 years growing tomorrow´s inspiring people

University Access

The students have the accessibility to attend Spanish, British and other foreign universities with the British Certificates (IGCSE and GCE ‘A’ Level) that we offer in our Extended Core Plan. These certificates possess a high world recognition.

Dragon American School recommends each student to choose their own path: The student’s educational mentor will guide them.

If the student chooses the Extended Core Plan, their mentor will assist him/her during the selection process of the IGCSE and A-levels exams that they will need for their desired university career path.

universidad

Spanish university Access

If the student chooses to per sue his career in Spain and enroll a Spanish University the following are his/her options:

1) With our Core Plan (American and Spanish Certification)

After finishing High School, the student takes the – Specific Competence Tests (PCE)

• There are 4 exams to prepare.

• Age: 18 years old.

• What grades does he/her need?

The American baccalaureate record is 60% of the qualification, the other 40% are the PCE.

Example:

• Specific Competency Tests (PCE)
(There is a possibility of having 0 to 4 additional points)

The student needs to take between 1 and 4 exams.

 

2) With our Extended Plan (International British Certificate)

Equivalent British Certification

The minimums exams to obtain are as follows:

• 5 IGCSEs- middle school subjects

• 3 A-levels- high school subjects

• When? At any time, any rhythm, starting at 12 years old and on.

• Grades?

IGCSE exams require a passing grade of a C or better and the A-level exams are equivalent to British point system, UCAS. The grade would be translated to an equivalent Spanish grade.

For example: A student receives an A in “Spanish”, B in “English” and “Mathematics”, and an AS in “Extended Project” with a B. These grades would be a combined total of 144 points UCAS. The equivalent of these grades for “Selectividad” and High School would equal a grade of 7,28.

What else can be done to improve a grade?

• To take an additional A-level exam, maximum of 4 subjects to improve grade. In addition, a student can take AS exams (equivalent to half a subject), or a research project.

• PAU general mandatory phase: if not satisfied with the British certification equivalent grade

• Voluntary phase- Specific Competency Tests (PCE) during the A-level exams plan or choose an A-level exam that would be validated in the voluntary phase for a PCE.

What they say about us

Ágata, madre de dos

(…) Para mí el colegio el Dragón es lo mejor que hay por lo menos en Madrid. En el Dragón no hay casi bullying, y si lo hay lo paran de raíz con un protocolo que ha de seguir llamado protocolo firewall, así, no hay casos de bullying (aunque si seguís al colegio desde hace ya tiempo quizás lo conozcáis). Los compas son todos o la mayoría muy buena tente, ellos siempre tratan bien a la gente y te acoplarás muy bien. (…)

Shayra, madre de dos

(…) La experiencia de nuestra familia en el Dragón ha sido muy gratificante. Nuestro hijo de 7 años va al colegio contento cada mañana. Sin duda hemos tomado la decisión más acertada para su eduación.(…)

Shayra, madre de dos

(…) La experiencia de nuestra familia en el Dragón ha sido muy gratificante. Nuestro hijo de 7 años va al colegio contento cada mañana. Sin duda hemos tomado la decisión más acertada para su eduación.(…)

Open enrollment!

Open Close