Dragon American School recommends each student to choose their own path: The student’s educational mentor will guide them.
• In the last two years of school, our students in the American system prepare 4 Specific Proficiency Tests (PCEs). The American baccalaureate report is 60% of the grade, the other 40% is the PCE. This part of the final grade would be between 5 and 10. The maximum would be 10.
• In addition, the best 2 grades among the 4 PCEs will be taken into account again, if the subjects tested by the student are considered in the “Tabla de Ponderaciones” of the chosen degrees.
• Our suggestion is taking at least 5 IGCSE exams (including Mathematics & English Language) and 3 A-Level exams depending on the desired degrees/universities. This should take place between grade 10 and grade 12.
• The first step would be checking the admission requirements of the chosen university.
• It may be necessary to take the SAT exam and obtain an English Language Certification, depending on the requirements of the College/University the student is applying for.